Hi, I’m John Weninger, CFP® and welcome to my blog.
I built this site to be a resource for executives and employees of large companies who have questions and want to learn more about their company’s retirement plan. Since your 401(k), stock option, or executive compensation plan is often the main account people use to save for retirement, it’s very important to be aware of the features!
Most people who find this site may have already heard or know something about me. If you don’t though – here’s a quick rundown chronologically of what I’ve been doing.
- I was born in a small town of less than 3,000 people called Lomira, Wisconsin – right in the heart of Wisconsin farm country.
- I grew up in a farming background and learned from a young age the value of hard work, community and helping your neighbor.
- I love sports and playing them has been a huge part of my life, the pinnacle of which was a successful collegiate football career.
- I went to St. Norbert College and was able to study finance and investing, hands on, through the heart of the Great Recession and Financial Crisis.
- I started my career in financial advice at Merrill Lynch in 2010.
- In 2011, I became a independent financial advisor with ING Financial Partners.
- In 2011 this blog, MyCompanyRetirementPlan.com was launched.
- In 2013, I founded & registered Vision Wealth Partners with the State of Wisconsin and started working with clients both in Wisconsin and throughout the U.S.A.
- In 2017 I completed and passed the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ exam. CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ is the “gold standard” for training, education and ethics in the financial advisory profession.
- In 2017 my company Vision Wealth Partners was acquired by Endowment Wealth Management, Inc. You can learn more at www.endowmentwm.com